We are continually monitoring developments regarding the Corona virus (Covid-19) and we know many of you are concerned about how it is impacting our community. At Eagle Vale Golf Club, our number one priority is the health and well-being of our employees and patrons. We understand this is a rapidly evolving situation with new updates continually occurring and we are monitoring all developments as they happen.
At the current time, there are no advisements regarding the closure of golf course operations. In fact, medical experts are saying that being in the wide-open, outdoor space of a place like a golf course, is a least risk scenario and golf can be played if you follow smart, proper guidance. This includes:
- Do not golf if you are sick or feeling ill. We will not allow employees or customers to be on premises if there are health issues present.
- Hand sanitizing and hand washing is advised. Bring a bottle of hand sanitizer with you to the course and wash your hands when possible, especially between the 9th and 18th holes and immediately after the round. Remember not to touch your face during the round as an added precaution.
- Golf carts will be disinfected prior to your round with contact surfaces such as the seats and steering wheels being cleaned in accordance with recommended procedures.
- Social distancing is a part of playing golf. Eagle Vale suggests maintaining of distance of at least 10 feet between you and your playing partners. If you are playing as a single, social distancing is not an issue. We advise not shaking hands or high-fiving before, during and after the round to minimize risk.
- Leave the pin in when you putt. This is now permissible under the rules and not touching the pin that others may have preciously touched will give you an added sense of security. There are foam noodles at the bottom of the cups to keep the ball from falling all the way in.
- Don’t share golf clubs with a playing partner. Use only your own clubs and don’t handle other player’s clubs or let them handle yours.
- If you find a random lost golf ball, leave it. You don’t know who hit it and when so it’s best just to move on and play your next shot.
- Don’t handle each other’s range finder or cell phone. Keep your technology tools for your own use.
- If you can walk, please do. If you need a cart, they are single-rider only at this time. If you live in the same household and wish to ride together, you may do so. AS always, you must be over 18 years of age to drive a golf cart.
The staff at Eagle Vale Golf Course recognizes it is impossible to predict the spread of the virus and its impact. What we do know is that a round of golf can relieve the stress we are feeling and if precautions are followed, it is a sport that can still be enjoyed during these uncertain times. We are being diligent in making sure your round of golf with us is as safe as possible. Our facilities are being thoroughly cleaned and sanitized on a continual basis and we want the golf course to be available to everyone who can benefit from outdoor recreation.
If and when the situations change, we will respond accordingly. Your health and safety are and will always be priority one at Eagle Vale Golf Course. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions or concerns at 585-377-5200.